We have no current cases of COVID-19 in our staff or residents!
The COVID-19 pandemic has been difficult for the entire nation, with our senior communities being at the epicenter of it all. We’ve worked diligently to abide by the CDC and NYS department of health’s guidelines and protocols to keep your loved ones safe. We’re happy to say that we have no reported cases or traces in the facility and are opening back up for family visitation and community tours. The NYS Department of Health’s most recent guidelines requires that visitation within the community begin only after the facility has reported 14 days of no new confirmed staff or resident COVID-19 cases.
Below are the guidelines for visiting within the community. These will be revisited periodically, as we continue to gain guidance from the New York State Department of Health.
• No visitors under the age of 18 permitted.
• Visits will be limited to 20 minutes. This will give us adequate time to disinfect between visitors.
• We are offering 3-time slots a day 10:30 am, 2:45 pm, and 3:30 pm, 7 days a week.
• Appointments must be made between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm from (Monday to Friday) by calling the front desk at 716-634-5734.
• If the visitor(s) does not feel well, please call to reschedule your visit.
• Same day appointments can be made if times are available.
• At this time, only one visitor per resident will be permitted at a time.
• Each visitor will be required to complete a health and exposure screening checklist upon arrival and have his/her temperature taken by facility staff.
Facial coverings must be worn by visitors and residents in a manner approved by the facility throughout the entire visit
• During the entire length of the visit the resident will have to be at minimum 6 feet away from the visitors (there cannot be any physical contact).
• Resident must be outside of their first 14 days of living at Brompton Heights.
• No animals are permitted at this time.
• Tangible items may not be exchanged during visitation. (We will still permit you to send tangible items to your loved ones as we have been, by delivering to the facility)
Steps upon arrival
• When you arrive at Brompton Heights please proceed to our main lobby with your mask on to be screened.
• Screening will include a questionnaire, a non-touch forehead temperature check, and hand sanitation.
• Once screening is completed, our receptionist will grant you access to the visiting area.
Unfortunately, we cannot allow visitors into restrooms within the facility. The goal is to allow residents to visit loved ones, but the safety of each resident remains our primary concern. In many cases, it may still be the best choice to continue with virtual visits as it may be confusing for residents as to why you must stay so far apart and wear masks. Please reach out to our Administrator if you’d like to discuss the best option for your loved one in this regard.
To schedule a virtual visit with your loved one, please contact our Recreation Director Debbie Jerge at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 716-634-5734.
If you have any questions prior to your visit, please feel free to reach out for clarification. Thank you for your patience during this time. I’m looking forward to the day we will be able to eliminate restrictions.
We will continue to update this page should new recommendations from the CDC or DOH occur.