Covid 19 Update
COVID-19 UPDATE: MAY, 2020
MAY, 2020: Our number one goal moving forward is the safety and reassurance of our residents and their family members. We have implemented new Admissions and Re admissions guidelines and procedures to ensure that we are going above and beyond what is recommended by government and health officials. Effective immediately, all new seniors admitted or readmitted to our facility will be placed in quarantine to their rooms for 14 days. This process will help us closely monitor and assess any potential threat of spreading the virus throughout our community.
We will continue to listen carefully to the CDC and NYS Department of Health and will reevaluate our admission process every 30 days. For any questions or concerns, please call us at 716-634-5734.
APRIL, 2020: Effective immediately, in accordance with instruction from the NYS Department of Health and from the office of Governor Cuomo, no visitors of any kind will be permitted in Brompton Heights until further notice. For the safety of our residents, this includes family members, companions and private duty aides. We expect this to continue for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Updates will be made here every 24-36 hours.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected us all in many ways. As the situation continues to evolve, we remain strong in our commitment to the health and safety of our residents. We continually monitor all federal, state and local alerts which provide requirements for senior living communities like ours.
To protect the health of our residents and staff, the protocols below have been implemented and remain in effect for our facility during this time:
- All staff and essential visitors are required to wear a face mask when in the building
- All Healthcare personnel will wear the recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when caring for all residents, regardless of presence of symptoms.
- All residents are encouraged to remain in their rooms except for medically necessary or urgent purposes. When residents are moving about the facility, they are required to perform social distancing (stay at least 6 feet away from others) and perform hand hygiene
- We are encouraging families to virtually visit through Google Duo to stay in touch with their loved ones
- Dining services and activities have been modified to accommodate the recommendations of the CDC and DOH
We will continue to update this page should new recommendations from the CDC or DOH occur.